Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Old Navy- What I got with my coupon!

I stayed up WAY too late Sunday night. I was in TheThriftyMama's chat room (I swear, I can still hear the popping!) with 250 others , waiting for the site update from oldnavyweekly.com to post. At 11:59, the site went live and the big value coupons were gone super super fast. I was one of the lucky ones- I ended up with a $75 off purchase of $100 or more!

So, of course, with the coupon burning a hole in my pocket, I begged DH to take me to ON (not a trip I could handle with the kids!). Alas, his job called him in early, only about 5 minutes after I convinced him to go. So, I had to wait until he got home from work.

My patience was rewarded! DH got home at 7, and we made it to Old Navy by 8. I had a list of stuff I wanted to get- pants for DH, shirts for Abby, a hat for Everett, a warm weather outfit for Everett. But once we hit the door, DH insisted he didn't need pants- he wanted me to pick stuff out for myself and the kids.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the current trend of very loose tops and unfitted dresses- they all make me look pregnant! So it wasn't exactly easy to find shirts that were inexpensive and flattering, yet not too trendy. I did end up getting 5 shirts for myself, 4 shirts for Abby, Everett's hat, a bathing suit top (I prefer tankinis, but my old top is a bit too revealing for my tastes!), a skirt, and a ball for the kids. Total spent? $12.54. Yeah, I rocked it! (I'll post a picture later!)

Best of all, the staff at my local Old Navy was SUPERB! Super friendly, super helpful, and the cashiers were excited for me when my total started falling!

Another great thing- all of the shirts can be worn with the skirt, which hits right at the knee so it is also very flattering. Double bonus for the fact that the skirt is a medium- haven't been able to buy a medium skirt in years! Most of the shirts are larges- not the typical XL I've been in for years!

Photos to come- got to find the camera!

No comments: