Monday, June 1, 2009

Menu Planning Monday!

This week is a bit of a wild one for us! DH's work schedule is all kinds of wonky this week, so I'm on my own for the majority of the week. I'm hoping to take the kids out Tuesday, Wednesday is my night out, and DH is off Thursday. Makes for a hectic week!

So here's the plan:

Monday: Spaghetti and Meatballs with Italian-style frozen veggies

Tuesday: Dinner on the go for kids and I, leftover Shephard's pie for DH.

Wednesday: Homemade Mac and Cheese with Broccoli and Ham

Thursday: Enchilada Lasagna

Friday: Hawaiian Pizza

Saturday- leftovers

The only thing I actually had to go out and get was the meatballs- on sale at Price Chopper for B1G2 Free. Spent $4.99, have meatballs for 3 meals!

The ham was $2.50 at Walmart for a 1lb package of prediced ham. That 1lb will stretch across 4 meals, I'll use 1/2 lb in the mac and cheese (and freeze 1/2 of that for crazy weeks), and 2 pizzas. That's 63¢ per meal! The key with this is small dices. A lot of little pieces of ham means you get some in every bite, and the flavor goes all through the meal!

No comments: