Monday, October 13, 2008

Recipe of the week- Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ok, so I have a confession to make: I have an addiction to pumpkins. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin muffins, and especially pumpkin donuts! One of my favorite pumpkin applications, though, is pumpkin spice lattes. A can of pumpkin, a lot of experimentation, and an over-caffinated afternoon later- I bring you pumpkin spice latte!

1 cup coffee, brewed strong
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract
1 heaping Tablespoon pumpkin puree
1 heaping Tablespoon dark brown sugar (you can use any type of sugar, but brown works best!)

Blend milk, spice, vanilla, pumpkin and sugar in blender. (I use a magic bullet) Heat milk mixture till hot, then add to hot coffee. Sweeten to taste.

That's the base recipe. I've found that I like a little more richness, since I use 1% milk, so I add a bit of coffeemate. I don't add extra sugar, but then again I don't take sugar in my coffee.

Take the leftover pumpkin and pack it into some ice cube trays. When frozen solid, pop out and bag, then you can make a pumpkin latte anytime you want!

No comments: